Tuesday, April 27, 2010

First Scan - Baby's first pic!!

Well we had our scan today and I am please to say that everything went well! I woke up bright and early and snoozed again before I managed to drag myself out of bed - feeling really crampy thinking it was all going wrong. I put that down to a mix of morning sickness and just phyically being so nervous I couldn't stand up properly!
I made Peter drive as I was about to burst in to tears at the drop of a hat! I just couldn't face going in there to get bad news again! I just don't know if I could've coped with that!

So I had to have an internal scan which I knew so wasn't too worried and all went well!

My dates have been put back 2 days which is ok - I'm now due the 18th December!! Which I'm happy with! There was a teeny tiny heart beat of 113bpm which made me soo happy! And measuring at .65cm!

Baby is tucked in the right hand side there! All snug! It was just the biggest relief hearing that news! So we'll go back for another scan in about 3 weeks to just make sure everything is going along peachy!! Plus I'm seeing Dr. John again next week and he'll no doubt do another scan in his rooms - but that won't be internal!

Also found out I have a retroverted uterus...according to google: A retroverted uterus means the uterus is tipped backwards so that it aims towards the rectum instead of forward towards the belly. Doesn't really have much bearing on me at the moment but it was interesting to know! She said it's as common as being left handed (yep got that one too)!! I shouldn't be surprised - I am lefted handed, have rare blood type (AB-) and now this! I tend to get all the 'special' things! haha



Morning sickness is definitely getting worse! I struggle to even stand up sometimes. I haven't thrown up yet but I am trying really hard to not give in. I think it will only be a matter of time before deep breathing and laying perfectly still will not help anymore! I hate throwing up so am putting it off in a big way!

Not sure how I will cope at work tomorrow after 4 days off which is when the morning sickness has really jumped up a notch! I struggle all day now and it's really hard! I've got the seabands but they make my hands tingly after a while so I can' only wear them for a little while before having to take them off!

I think tonight might be one of the last meals Peter cooks for me for a while! I'm struggling! Food wise I need it to be bland and even drink wise I'm struggling. Soft drink, juice all of it just blurgh! I sip on water when I think I can keep it down coz I know I need to be having some liquids! I've spent the last 2 afternoons in bed for hours! Exhaustion and morning sickness- this baby is kicking my ass! But that's ok - I just keep telling myself and Peter that this is exactly what we wanted and it'll all be worth it in the end!!!

Dear Bubbles,

Today you are officially 2 weeks and 3 days old! You are .65cm long so are growning exactly as you should be! We were so excited to see you and that nice little heartbeat of yours! Thank you for making us so happy today! I can't wait to see you again!

It's good to see that you are using all the energy I have to give and even being picky with what you would like to eat and drink - I'm glad you are putting it to good use!

We are so proud of you - you are simply amazing!

Love Mummy! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment