Thursday, September 30, 2010

A summary of me! (warning...LONG)

Well taking a leaf out of Summa's book - and after the survey on Dp and myself I have decided to fill you in on a bit about me  that isn't necessarily baby related!!


Ok I'm 25 and live in Melbourne! I love it here - the weather not so much but this is the place I call home! I've lived in Sydney when I was born (though born in Melbourne as it was over christmas and my family was down visiting!!) then Melbourne until I was 12, Brisbane (Sunnybank Hills) for a year and a half and have been in Melbourne ever since!


I'm the youngest of 3 girls and my sisters are my best friends! Between them they have 5 kids - Mak (6), Ri (almost 5), Xavier (3), Keely (1.5) and Brodie (3 months)! And I love each and every one of those kids as if they were my own! They are all so much their own people it amazes me! They never cease to amaze me and I can't help but think how amazing they will be when this little man comes along (they even refer to him as Reggie as everyone else does)!


I'm ridiculously close to my parents as well and have never been the kid that doesn't get along with my parents! I'll admit - being the youngest has it's advantages!


I have 2 absolute best friends in the whole world. One of which is my cousin - she is 3 months younger than me so we've basically grown up as sisters. And C who I've only known for 4 years but in that time we have both been through so much and I know she is one of those people who will be around for ever. I'm very blessed to have to them in my life!


Peter and I have been together only for 19 months - but it definitely was a case of 'you just know' when you've met the right one! He is an angel and I don't know how I got so lucky to find such an amazing guy! A perfect example being just last week C, Peter and I go swimming once a week and last week he didn't feel like it. So knowing I'd be disappointed was like 'how about, if you girls go swimming and i'll head over to C's house (we have a key) and cook you both dinner'! He's amazing and my friends do not hesitate in considering him as 'one of the girls'!  It took me a while to get to him though -


There was ex no. 1 when I was 18 (15 months) who was one the most emotionally abusive and manipulative people I have ever known! But I thought I was in love and being nonconfrontational didn't fight back and as a result lost a lot of friends and probably the only time I fought with my parents. I finally came to my senses and broke up with him - a break up which took 3 months and the emotional abuse didn't stop (constant phone calls threatening suicide etc....how can one ignore that?).


A breif trip over to the USA with J (my cousin BFF) as we were supposed to be over there for a year as Au pairs....we both lasted 3 weeks!


I then spent 3 years being single and having the time of my life - moved out of home with 2 boys and 2 girls and lived it up! Out clubbing/partting 3 or 4 times a week and just doing what most people that age are supposed to do!! It was fantastic! I met Peter that year (when I was 20) but having just come from a relationship that had completely obliterated my self esteem I couldn't think of anything worse than being with someone else.


After that I moved back home and met Ex no 2. (18 months) He was lovely and quiet and everything ex no1 was not - he had a lot of mates and so I didn't have to worry about him not having his own life or trying to control everything. Only problem was - we weren't on the same wavelength. Where I wanted to marry and have kids at least in a couple of years he had no plans and it was a constant struggle to even convince him to spend the night at my house. Eventually after 18 months together we both knew that it just wasn't working. He wasn't a bad person and I don't think badly of him to this day. We just weren't heading in the same directions. It was a very sad break up and I was absolutely heartbroken for the first time in my life.


During the 18 months we were together I had travelled to Europe for 6 weeks with J. We contikied our way around Europe and met some of the most amazing people and saw amazing things...I couldn't even consider picking a 'favourite' city)! I was so happy to be travelling with my bestest friend in the whole world. We partied up some more whilst we were there!!


After Ex 2 and I broke up I took a break from guys and just focused on finding myself again. The 3 years I had single before him had taught me who I was and what I deserved in someone and that's what had given me the courage to break up with Ex 2. I knew I deserved more than he was giving me.


I spent the next 4 months just having fun again and conveniently not long after I became single C also broke up with her now ex (2 years) so I spent a lot of time nursing her through that as well! It was just after Christmas when I started talking to Peter on Facebook after 2 years of no communication! Facebook chat moved on to text messages which then after nearly a month ended with me going to a function at the cricket club and we've basically been inseparable since. I was determined not to get back into a relationship unless it was with someone who could give me what I deserved - which is what I think every deserves! He asked me out officially 2 weeks later, our first dance that night was to 'The First Cut is the Deepest' and I thought it was so appropriate. The wound still hadn't healed completely and I remember tearing up dancing with him because I thought how vulnerable a position I was putting myself into again. He told me he loved me a month after that - I took a month longer the reciprocate because whilst I felt it I was just sooo scared of opening that door. But we tell each other about 10 times a day how much we love each other even still so I think I'm pretty ok with it now!


After 3 months together (not long I know) I had a bit of a scare when AF decided to go missing (I was on thr pill). She just didn't show! So I broke the news to Peter that it was a possibility despite getting BFN's. Scariest moment of my life. But he took it so well and just said 'we'll get through it' that we both knew that despite not having been together long that we really were there already!! So I didn't go back on the pill (af arrived after 8 weeks... no idea where she went) and we just started TTC!! It took 4 months before we got a BFP which was sadly lost at 6w 3d (though I didn't find out until I had a scan at 9w 3d, the hardest part being that bub still had a heart beat then but it was slow and they were small. A week later a scan confirmed that bub had infact past away 2 days after the scan). Such a little fighter to hold on for that long, but it was not to be. That was the second time I have experienced heartbreak and it sucked! I had a D&C a week later and physically recovered pretty quickly but it took a long time to stop crying or to stop the urge to just cry. I just felt so sad about losing the little one. A sadness I've never felt before and I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.


We started trying again straight away and it took another 5 months before we got our BFP (though I'm certain there was a chemical pregnancy in that time also) and also an anovulatory cycle or 2! I am now 29 weeks along and travelling amazingly with this beautiful little boy in my tummy and a partner who is simply amazing. This pregnancy has brought us even closer together! He told me the other day when I was feeling fat that he was saying to one of the girls at work that he thinks pregnancy and the pregnant body is just one of the most beautiful things on this earth. He tells me everyday how sexy he thinks I am and how I'm doing an amazing job etc. and just really tells me everything I need to hear! He kisses my belly, blows raspberries and every night before sleep and every morning upon waking will put his hand on my belly just to feel the little man kicking around in there! It's just the best feeling and I can't wait to see him as a father!!


So if you've made it this far I commend you! But at least now you know more about me and who I am and where I've come from to get to this place!!!


Xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Heya lovely! I've been a bit slow cause I've been at work but just wanted to say thanks for your words in response to my post the other day. Feeling a lot better and you're absolutely right, the sun has come out to shine.

    Oh and just wanted to say awwwwwww, your man is such a sweetie!!! What a bloke!! You must love him to bits!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was very nice to read. I always like hearing about people :-)

    ReplyDelete