Monday, September 13, 2010

A lovely Weekend

I'm back after such a nice weekend away with Peter! We headed off to Warrnambool early Saturday morning and had such a nice drive down! Took us about 3.5hours (a few toilet stops in between thanks to me!) and arrived about lunch time! It is such a nice little place! I loved it! I just love being near the water!

We went and had an unsucessful attempt at whale watching - not that I was expecting much! Then checked in the the apartments! Decided to head down to Hopkins River for a bit of fishing - again unsuccessful! Peter is so determined for me to catch a fish! But as I keep saying to him, I'm content just with doing the activity than actually gaining something physical out of it! It's so nice and relaxing just sitting by the water! We decided to head back when the sun started to go down! Headed back to our apartment and watched a movie, had a nap then headed to Bojangles restaurat for dinner! Was sooo good!! Even managed to find room for dessert! hehe A nice walk around the block followed by heading back and watching another movie and some sleep! Was just soo nice to have lots of snuggles and laughing together and just all round having a good time!!

Woke up in time to check out at 10, went out for breakfast at a little cafe then headed off. We headed in to Peterborough first, did some more fishig which was nice - picnic lunch! Still no fish! hehe Then down the Great Ocean Road, saw London Bridge and the 12 Apostles (which is more like 4 or something these days) but I'd not seen any of it! It's simply breathtaking down there! It blew my mind! Then FINALLY headed inland and towards home arriving home at 7.30pm! Argh... I was driving the whole time as I'm a terrible passenger - until he learns not to speed I can't be a passenger in the car with him - I'm too annoying!!

Got home and mum and dad had ripped up the carpets in our lounge and dining rooms which was AWESOME! I've wanted it done for ages! Then in November we're getting them polished and new carpets put in the bedroom, hallway and nusery! YAY!!!I love new carpets!!!

Baby Ashton is going along fine... he was going ballistic Saturday night but otherwise he's just been happy going along with it all which is nice! I can'twait for weekends away with him actually born! Peter was all 'we have to do this more often' to which I told him the ball is in his court with that one as it's his sporting activities that stop us from going away! So he's promised he'll take a weekend off footy next year and we'll head away again!!

28 more work days to go!!!!!

That's enough from me... OB Appointment tomorrow morning, scan on Saturday morning and the big THIRD trimester on Thursday! WOOP WOOP! I can't believe it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment