Thursday, July 29, 2010

And it's a.....

BOY!!!!! We had our scan on Monday night and found out I have an amazing and healthy little man inside!! He is SUCH a wriggler - no wonder I can feel him so much!! Measuring perfectly to date (so not too big yet!) and heart, brain, kidneys, tummy - EVERYTHING about him is perfect!!!

In complete honesty I didn't really know I felt after the scan. We walked out and I had a bit of a teary in the car (Peter was in his car so I was on my own) but I think it was a mix of utter relief that everything is ok and just being so overwhelmed that we know now and it make him REAL!!! So I went shopping and bought a few little outfits and the CUTEST little blue giraffe from Myer so I'm really really happy about it all.

We got a DVD so watched it again last night and there is definitely no mistaking that this is infact a little man - not shy about his boy bits that's for sure! Haha! But he was so cooperative and gorgeous!! 

So there's a pic of my little man. I'm really falling in love with the name Ashton the more I think about it! I was walking around the shops yesterday thinking about it and was all 'Baby Ash would like this' etc. So I'm really really happy with it all!!

Peter felt him kick on Tuesday night aswell which was awesome! He kicked right on cue. Tried to get him to do it again last night but no such luck! He hid as soon as Peter's hand was on my tummy! Cheeky boy!!

But yeah so now we can get started on our Jungle Theme nursery which is exciting! I'm so pumped to be able to get started at long last!!! YAY! haha It's going to be awesome!

20 weeks today so halfway there.... it's gone pretty damn quickly so far so hopefully it can continue to do so - they say the next 10 weeks are the longest... I hope not coz I've only got something like 12 weeks of work left!!!!!

Well that's it from me today!! Life is pretty damn good!!!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Would you look at that picture!!! The detail is stunning!!

    Congratulations on the half way mark! :-D

    ReplyDelete