Tuesday, May 25, 2010

It's A Baby!

Well as you can see by the title I'm so excited! I just had an appointment with my OB Dr. John and whilst in there we did my height and weight (turns out I haven't put on any weight! WOOP WOOP!) and also another scan for his benefit. Bubs has officially become a little baby! It was the most adorable thing I have ever seen! I can't believe how much since my scan last week it has actually changed from a little blob to a baby with arms and face and everything! It was wriggling around and even looked like it waved and turned towards me! I can't wipe the smile off my face that I have even gotten this far! On his machine it was measuring right on my dates of 10w 5d which means it is most likely at least a day or 2 bigger!

I can not wait for my 12 week scan now! Peter will be so surprised at how much our baby has grown and developed! It was just amazing!! Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine actually making it this far. After the miscarriage last year I felt like SUCH a failure. That I would never be able to carry a baby. I decided it would have been life being ironic as in my family I am the one who has dreamt of nothing but a family! But I know I'm not out of the scary part yet but I just feel so good about this!!!

I'm trying to get 'in touch' with my body because I know it's early but I so desperately want to feel baby move! Even just tiny little flutters! As I said, I know it's early and most first timers don't feel it til later but I am sooooo desperate so when I lay in bed at night I try to concentrate really hard and relax and just lay really still! I know baby will let me know one day!!

I also got my forms to book in to the hospital today! I am SOOO excited! I just didn't get this far last time! It's starting to make it actually become real! I'll be sad after my 12week scan because then I get on a 'normal' pregnancy routine which means I won't see bubs again til 18 weeks!!! I'm so used to seeing baby on almost a weekly basis!!

Argh...simply can not wipe the smile off my face today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment