Wednesday, May 5, 2010

7w 4d

Well I am now 7w and 4d so things are slowly moving along! Though time seems to ahve sped up a little bit so I really shouldn't be complaining..I can't help but think if I can get to 8 weeks I'll be ok...no idea where that thought has come from but it just feels a whole lot more safe - when in reality I know that it's just so not the case!!

Had another appointment with OB Dr. John last night! He is so lovely - without being overly optimistic which is good! We did a scan - though I find the quality of his machine very average! But after a lot of pushing around we found bub all tucked away in the back (having a retroverted uterus makes seeing baby a lot harder in the early days!) And there was baby's little heartbeat flickering away in there! It was such a relief!!

He has ordered me to do no exercise..(which obviously I'm not too shattered about) and to generally just take it as easy as possible! Which generally is easy- with the exception of Saturday coming up as it's a home game for footy so I'll be running around from 7 - 7 which will kill me but fortunately one of the girls I'm working with knows so will understand if I need time out!

Have had the last 2 days off work...not super morning sick but I find I feel much better when I've slept a million hours and I'm resting! I'm trying to get as much rest as possible! So I spend my life moving from the couch to the bedroom and back again! I know he didn't order bed rest but I'm feeling I'm doing everything I can to get through this first 12 weeks! Work knows about this pregnancy and my previous miscarriage so even if they aren't completely understanding they're not showing they're upset by it so I'm just doing what I think is best for me! At the end of the day that is what is most important to me!

Glad I took today off work though! I stayed in bed til 12.30 (way slack I know) but that also involved not eating and so today I have my first morning sickness vomit! I know I shouldn't be super excited about being sick but at least it's a great thing to know the hormones are still doing their thing! Mind you it's hard throwing up with nothing in your stomach for the last 16hours!! Oops! So I made it to 7w 4d and I don't really see it happening too often! I felt absolutely fine before it and after it - just snuck up on me! So as long as it doesn't happen ALL the time I'll be happy - though a few more times will be good! :) Just for reassurance!

Booked my 9 week scan in today too - so 17th May Peter and I get to see baby again! I'm so excited! I love the real scans coz they're so clear and I get to keep a picture! Baby is going to have grown so much by then! So not too long to go til then!! I also have the referral for bloods at 10 weeks (though we aren't getting the downs syndrome testing done) and my 12 weeks scan also but I'm hesitant to book that in until after the 9 week scan as I'm afraid to jinx it!!

Dear Bubbles,

Today you are 5 weeks and 4 days old - you are growing so quickly it amazes me! I got to see you again last night - you were hiding but I could still find you! And I saw your little heart flickering away! It's always such an amzing sight! Not long to go now til we'll be able to hear your heart!

You are really starting to develop from a little blob to an actual little person! You'll be getting elbows and little webby fingers and webby toes soon! You're facial features also start to develop - will you have daddy's gorgeous blue eyes or my big brown ones??

You are just being amazing and busy and I can't wait to see you again in less than 2 weeks (daddy will be there too!!) You are still so tiny (about the size of a grape) but we love you more than words can desribe!

You are still making me very tired but I'm resting to allow you to have as much of my energy as possible!!

Only 32 weeks and 3 days til we get to meet you!!

Love Mummy! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment