Monday, May 10, 2010

8W 2D

Well we are plodding along - another Monday has rolled around again! I swear it is just as though we live for the weekends! The weekdays seem pointless but then the weekend rolls around and I don't do anything anyway... it seriously feels as if I am just biding time until this baby comes...and then life will feel like I am taking a step forward!


I seem to have come to a standstill in every other aspect of life at the moment. It's weird! I have been this way for a long long time but I don't feel it is right to have so much riding on this little life inside of me - it's got a tough enough job head of it alone let alone the pressure of changing me riding on it!


So yesterday was Mother's Day. Was lovely - Peter snuck out and bought me flowers which was really nice! He hesitate's to spend money sometimes because since it all become 'our' money I like to watch every penny! I don't want to be living with my parents forever and I refuse to rent so I feel we need to be vigilant! But I couldn't fault him for be so thoughtful!! Spent the day shopping for mum's present and bought a few bits and pieces for myself then dinner with the family! I love that I have so much close family around me! If we organise a family dinner we need to book for 20! It's incredible! I love seeing everyone together laughing and the kids running around having a great time together and I can't wait to contribute to that new generation!


Sometimes though I still just can't fathom how anyone makes it past 12 weeks! I find it completely and utterly baffling how anyone actually makes it to full term! I have one more week til my 9 week scan and hopefully that will instill a bit more confidence in me - I'll be 9w and 2d then.  I'm just thankful I have such a wonderful partner who I can be so honest with and who isn't afraid to open up to me either. I find it so important to keep communication open and fortunately that's gotten us through with very few arguments. He is very sensitive though and at first when I wasn't eating his cooking and going to bed without him he took it very personally - fortunately we've both talked and established that at the moment..the rules are very different!!


I guess I've rambled on enough for now... symptoms wise I'm still feeling seedy which is good, have found I get STARVING but can't manage more than 2 bites of food (needless to say I am losing weight!), sleepy still... that's about it! IT's good and I'm not panicking at all about it.


Whatever will be will be!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment