Friday, May 7, 2010

It's Tough Out There!

Well it is a tough thing this whole 'being pregnant thing'! I mean on one hand I am so super excited about it all!! But on the other it's a bloody scary time and I live in fear of something going wrong! They say the chances aren't high once a heartbeat has been detected - well I know too many people around me to have that proved! Then they say once you hit about 8 weeks the chances go down even further - once again recent trials and tribulations from dear friends have shown me this also just isn't the case!

One of my FB TTC/Pg girls sadly lost her bub! Her bub has gone to play with the many other angel babies up there! It really just doesn't seem fair! She was so close to the 'safety mark' - well she thought she was. But sadly bub stopped growing at just over 9 weeks! It's such a heartbreaking experience! I had comfort that my angel stopped before they had really formed - at 9 weeks so much development has gone on..not to mention the attachment...argh! It just truly sucks! I wish I could take that pain away I really do! I wish no one ever had to go through that pain!!

As for me...well I'm really struggling at work. I've noticed as long as I'm lying down I'm ok! Pffft....unfortunately there isn't really anywhere at work to hide and lie down! I don't need to be sleeping..but if I'm upright for too long I start to feel ill! So work is a massive struggle! I'll cope though..just have to keep telling myself only 5.5months to go really..phew! haha Haven't been physically sick again but I swear I could if I wanted to! It wouldn't take much! Almost did this morning when the dog was stinky!

10 days til our 9 week scan! I am excited and scared as per usual! I just hope everything is ok! Will be telling my other 2 BFF's if everything is ok! I would like to tell them now but I'm really close to their families who are close to other people I know and the chain of 'we'll just tell one person' would go on forever! So it's better to just not say anything!!

Feel like I've actually lost weight which is nice! haha I guess I haven't really been eating a lot! I'll be starving and then manage like 2 bites of something and then an icypole will be all I'll end up for dinner! So my meal sizes have decreased dramatically! And since I can really only stomach juice and water my sugar intake is well down! That and the fact that sweet stuff just isn't really on my agenda at the moment! So I'm not having nearly as much sugar etc. which is helping I guess! So currently happy with my shape - massive boobs and flat tummy...won't last long but it's still nice to know I'm not stacking on the kg's early on!!!

Anyway..that's enough rambling from me today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment