Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Thoughts...

I caught up with a really good friend last night for dinner as she has been down in the dumps last night! She got me thinking - she is 25, has been with her partner for 5.5 years, they have a house and an almost 2 year old son who is just soooo I wanna squeeze him adorable and yet she is unhappy. Isn't it funny how we all have different desires!!

I look at the them and think 'gees, aren't they lucky, they seem to have it really worked out'. When obviously the grass isn't always greener!

To me to have all that would make me feel complete... well that's what I believe it to be anyway...will this change? Everything I've done in the last few years has been filling in time until I met the 'right' person and settled down and had a family etc. Well when that happens where do I go from there? I have never been someone who wanted a career as I have always just wanted a family.... but once I have the family will I start wanting more?

I have been lucky enough to meet the right person and he is simply amazing and puts up with me so I can't complain. We are lucky enough to have child number 1 on the way - before my 26th birthday... we are fortunate to have a unit at my parents house which we are able to live at rent free so we can save for our own house...

I think she is in a rut coz she feels stuck...whereas I have had so many amazing experiences in the last 5 years I couldn't be more ready for this... I have lived out of home with friends and partied very very hard, I was single for 3 years with my best friends and we made the most of it... I have travelled to Bali, America, Europe, UK with my bestest friend in the whole wide world...I need to stop doubting that I am more than ready for this!!

I worry that I will be left behind from my friends.... even though I am in front. It's an odd feeling. I've always been one to never want to be left out.... I fear this is what has been happening and what will happen.... I'm sure it will be fine and once the baby comes along these girls could not be more excited..we've been through a lot together... I guess it's time for us to start taking the next steps and become....dun dun daaaaa....GROWN UPS!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Over time our life priorities change. Things that weren't important suddenly become the centre of our attention. Every day with every experience we grow. We learn move about ourselves and those around us.

    There is a very good chance in 2, 5 or 10 years time, what you crave is going to be very different.

    It is human nature to compare ones own situation with that of others. Unfortunately, in doing so we tend to assume that everyone has travelled a similar path and has a similiar destination. This in turn leads to a lot of confusion as how to someone who seems to have all the boxes checked on our life list can POSSIBLY be unhappy! Take a peak at their list and perhaps there a few boxes that are a little different and yet to be crossed off with their final desintation on a completely different train station. ;-)

    ReplyDelete