Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Sound of Joy!

Had another ob appointment with Dr. John this morning. Just a routine check up! Nothing too exciting! Was really hoping he'd do another scan as he usually does but not so lucky this time! BUT he did put the doppler against my belly and within mini seconds the heart was pounding away! Sooooo reassuring! Especially that it didn't take him long at all to find it. I was sooo happy to hear it! Just as happy as if I'd had a scan or something!

Also had my midwife appointment yesterday so I'm officially booked in to the hospital! YAY! It's all happening now which is just so exciting! I'll be 15 weeks in 2 days and I just love it!

Symptoms are still around, nice and headachey for the last 2 days which I'm trying to just move on from - drinking water etc. I don't get headaches very often ever so I don't cope well with them. Still feeling nauseas from time to time too. But as people have said it comes when I'm tired (which is often) or hungry (I am still learning to eat regularly).

I'm also in this annoying stage of not being pregnant looking, I've by no means 'popped' or even put on weight - maybe only like a kg or 2 - but obviously I'm filling out. It's annoying because My pants are snug and uncomfy! So the other week I went and bought a pair of jeans a size too big (also have a bit of stretch to them) and they're so comfy but I'm soooo over wearing them! I have them or trackies which well aren't socially acceptable as going out attire unfortunately! haha (especially since I got bleach all down them!!) So I went and bought a coupld of maternity tops to wear with leggings! I was happy to not get maternity but being tall I struggle to find tops that are long enough to wear with leggings etc. so managed to get my first maternity tops!

Have had a nice couple of days with Peter which I think we really needed. Between busy schedules and just being plain tired we've barely had 5 minutes together to even just catch up! So I took Friday off and we had a lovely day together - went out for lunch etc. then spent Saturday night together - indian for dinner and a movie at home and Sunday we went out baby shopping! It was very exciting! We've picked the pram and cot we like! Haven't purchased them yet! I'm pretty sure we can get the pram for a fraction of the price off ebay! The cot was about $600 but it was amazing and we both just fell in love with it! So I'm happy that we've finally spent some time on the baby thing!!

So things are progressing nicely which is really exciting!

MY sister is due to pop any day now and I'm so excited to meet my new niece when she decides to come in to this world!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment