Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Ch-Ch-Ch-CHANGES!!!

Afternoon all! Well I have been a bit slack in the old updating department! Sorry about that! I read along to everyones then by the time I get to mine I have to go!! Silly - I should do mine first!

Well I'm currently sitting nicely at 13w6d and can't believe it's 14 weeks tomorrow! Just pure insanity!! Still having 'off' moments but generally speaking I'm feeling good! Just tired! Little Reggie really doesn't like stinky smells though! hehe So I'm learning not to walk into a room with potentially bad smells (ie. the toilet) and inhale deeply! haha Though sometimes I am caught unawares and this leaves me gagging over the toilet bowl!This has always happened on an empty stomach so there's usually nothing to actually come up!

Went away with the girls for the weekend! Was really nice to get away and do nothing! They all got absolutely plastered and I stayed sober and to be honest - it really wasn't that bad! I knew that my not drinking was for the most perfect reason in the world and that was enough for me! It was hilarious watching them actually and whilst it would have been considered annoying I was choosing not to judge as I would be exactly the same if I could! haha But it was nice to get away all the same!

Peter told his dad last night. Now his mum hasn't been in the picture since he was 9 so telling his dad was a big deal as he really values and respects his dad's opinions and was sooo worried what he would think. He was stressed out thinking his dad wouldn't be happy as we aren't married, and we live with my parents (in our own unit) etc. whilst we save for our own home etc. But turns out his dad could not be any happier! He said there were tears from both of them and he can't wait to be a Grandad - and that he thought his boys would never get their act together! hehe So I am soooo relieved for Peter's sake that things turned out so well!!! So I think Peter can start getting excited now!

Our little SWB group has made a few changes which I'm not sure if they are good or bad but a few of the ttc girls left without so much as a word which really impacted how people were feeling! Most people took it personally. I understand that it can be soooo hard to deal with other people being pregnant but I don't think leaving without a word was right. We would've understood if they'd said it was getting a bit much. But in saying that, it has felt as though they met up in real life and just decided they simply didn't need us in their lives anymore. Which sucks but again, nothing I can do about it! The remaining girls are amazing and whether ttc or pregnant we have so much to talk about that has nothing to do with babies!! No more eggshells or anything...it's really refreshing and is starting to feel like when the group began!!!

So a lot is changing in life, people are having babies, friends are buying houses, friends are changing careers...it's weird when we get to this stage in life where we are actually growing up! We talk about money like we live in the real world - " I can't now, I have a family to think of" or "I have a mortgage so no can do" it's a strange and exciting time of our lives we are embarking on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment