Tuesday, June 8, 2010

ELATION and JOY!

Well I don't even know where to begin! I'm so floating on cloud 9 right now! Had our scan today and in there is our perfect little baby! IT was just such a joyous feeling to watch I didn't even realise I had tears rolling down my cheeks til the end I was in such awe of this beautiful little being inside of me!


The whole time I was watching I felt like I was watching my daughter so I wonder how right that little feeling is! Bubs was so well behaved at first, just lying back with it's feet crossed (you can see on the left hand side of the pick facing us is the bottom of the foot) and my first thought 'it's laying exactly how I do'! It was weird... I wonder if they pick that up! haha After being poked and prodded for a while though they obviously decided enough was enough and started bouncing around - pushing off with it's feet! We managed to get a wave and saw 10 tiny nubby fingers an 10 tiny nubby toes! It was just amazing to see! Bubs had had enough by the end though and rolled away for a sleep! It was very cute!

So everything is looking really good and just couldn't look any better! Even though I didn't have the blood test she asked me if I wanted her to measure the fluid behind babies neck to check for down syndrome risk. I was find with that so she measured and it was 1.7mm or something and she said that compared with my age is definitely no risk factor. I wasn't worried (hence declining the test) but it's nice to know either way! My placenta is sitting at the back which means bubs is in the front making me more and more convinced that it was bubs I was feeling moving the other night! I know it's early but the reason they say first timers don't often feel it til later is because they don't know what they're looking for. I've spend a lot of time focusing on feeling and know it was definitely not bubbles of gas or anything!! It was awesome!

So bubs measuring just over 6cm which is pretty normal at this stage and a heartbeat of 159bpm! If I were to go by all the old wives tales (fast heartbeat, craving chocolate and sweets etc) then all signs point to girl! haha Maybe that's just grasping at straws and wishful thinking!

I had the afternoon off and spent it with my eldest sister who's kids are 3 and 14months! Was nice, we just went down to the park and I had a glimpse of what life will be like next year. My with bubs, my other sis with her bubs (who is due any day now) whilst her older 2 are at school, another friend who has a girl 13months and just found out she is due for another in Feb and my cousin who's son is 4! It's going to be awesome!! I'm so looking forward to this next chapter of my life and this little baby being soo unbelievably spoilt not just by my family but by my BFF's who will spoil this baby like crazy!! Lucky thing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment