Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Materinty Leave!

Ok so I'm 3 days in to Maternity leave but with it having just been Cup Weekend today is really my first real day at home alone!! So I've managed to get Reggie's room tidy and everything put away. Everytime I finally get the room clean my sister's come round with more stuff so it's gradually been building til I could not longer find a spot on the floor. Plus I still hadn't gotten around to putting all his clothes away. I've spacebagged the size 00 and 0 clothes for storage (but still easy access), the 0000 I'm just keeping the tub that I have them sorted into as I can't see us needing them for too long and then the 000 are in his chest of drawers! He is certainly a baby with a lot of clothes already!!

I've also managed 3 loads of washing as well! I've only been managing to get things done with rest breaks as I'm so tired all the time still!! But definitely starting to make progress in the whole cleaning thing!! Tomorrow will be our bedroom and dining room (providing I get the kitchen done today) so then the whole place will basically be clean! YAY then I can work on maintaining that AND organising inside cupboards etc! Still waiting for the nesting to really hit me so I can go nuts!!

Been feeling a bit odd lately which has made me worry a bit too much about premature labour! Sorry if TMI here but I've basically had loose bowel movements and then yesterday was so achey and sore and tired and just felt crap! Then last night was having sooo many braxton hicks I was starting to freak out a little bit! But then I feel better today, braxton hicks haven't really been around much today though when I went to the toilet before and wiped (yep still a notorious checker) there was a teensy bit of blood.... I've not been to the toilet since but that basically put an end to any housekeeping I had been doing as I felt it was best to err on the side of the caution and have been on the couch for the last 2.5hours. If there is more when I go to the toilet again I will phone the midwives but for now it was only a teensy speck - still enough to freak me out a little bit though!!

Had our scan on Monday night and saw our amazing little boy (and yes confirmed yet again that he is still a he!! Everything is still perfect in there - placenta still functioning, waters still intact etc. After being measured he was measuring 2 days ahead at about 2.3kgs (5p 1oz) so looking at something in the 8p range which is good so far! Nice to know he isn't a giant baby!! haha




So the one on the left is basically him to a T - just as in our 28 week scan he knew we wanted pics so put his hands on his face again! But you can see in this one the little grin he has going on like he knew what he was doing!!!

The one on the right is the only profile we could get which makes his nose look bigger than it appeared on the screen! But he is still our little man and the images we were seeing on the screen were just amazing! It was sooo good to see our little guy again!

He is still head down which is great news! And he flips side to side when he feels like it! He has found my ribs for real now so I'm constantly getting kicked in the ribs as he is generally stretching his legs straight out in front so it was only a matter of time til he found them!!

Anyways..enough from me and the little guy! 5th and second last antenatal class tonight..will be interesting tonight - talking breastfeeding etc.!!!

1 comment:

  1. My goodness, with all that cleaning and organising I'm not surprised you're feeling a little worse for wear!! But definately good to be ahead of the game!

    Braxton hicks shouldn't cause too much concern unless they start to become painful and regular...more labour like. Your body will do plenty of rehearsals for the big day so it has the technique down. :-) It is clever like that. I seem to remember Kim saying she had a bit of spotting too a few weeks back so it all sounds pretty normal.

    Love your ultrasound pics. I just think the technology now is amazing. You can see facial features! How unreal is that? What a gorgeous little man! :-D

    BTW thanks for your comment on that post from the other day - really appreciate it and I'm glad that it is all sweet. I particularly agree with your last statement. Don't think we ever stop cheering each other on... even if silently.

    ReplyDelete