Monday, November 15, 2010

Babyshower!

So a super busy weekend and my babyshower is done!! Kinda sad really but was sooo worth it!!

After a little meltdown last week about feeling let down by friends etc. I feel a lot better! Friday night was busy busy with Peter and I hitting the supermarket and then finally getting home to start making salads etc. so that was a big night! Then Saturday Peter and I up early again so we could get to the Butcher to grab some meat, then he's off to cricket so I spent 2 hours cleaning the house (which i'd spent 2 weeks cleaning already) so then finally the girls decided to arrive and they actually were really helpful and helped make some Mars Bar slice, Rum Balls etc. Saturday night I was home but Peter was out so I spent the night chatting to my parents who were looking after my nieces (6y and 4m) and my nephew (5y) so that was entertaining!!

Sunday - the big day - up early again with finishing the cooking, another trip up to the supermarket, setting up the decorations and so it goes on and on and on - before even getting out of bed I was sooo over the day already! Especially knowing I wasn't going to get my nana nap!! haha But then once I was ready and people started to arrive it really turned into SUCH a fantastic day! Virtually everyone I invited turned up plus about 20 boys from the cricket club showed up for Peter so including kids we are talking about over 40 people! It was insane!! I was not expecting it at all!!

Then the presents! Little man is such a spoilt and lucky boy already - with so many people around who are so excited about his arrival! Everyone was so generous! The boys were invited to a BBQ so obviously no one expected presents but the girls that came were just crazy generous!!


That's just them all bunched up but hidden within those bags is soo much stuff!! I have to go through it properly today and write down who gave little man what and then send out Thank You notes to everyone!! Just crazy!! I feel very blessed to have so many people around us that really care!!

So all in all the day went off without a hitch (Even the weather which was disgustingly wet on Saturday managed to behave and no rain and even though it was overcast it wasn't cold) so I'm so happy with how it all went! BUT today I am exhausted! I've only been up an hour and a half and am just about ready to head back to bed for a short nap!!

Pelvic pain is making sleeping very annoying - i'm ok laying in one spot but if I try to roll over it hurts soo much! BUt thats the worst of it so I can't complain too much! I just simply can not believe how close it all is!! EEEEPPP!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad u had such an awesome day and everything went off without a hitch!!! Would be very exciting going through it all today!!! Such cute stuff!!!
    Feelin your pelvic pain!!! Poor thing!! I agree, rolling over in bed is the worst!!! I was laying in bed this morning imagining what it's like to sleep on my back of flat on my stomach!!!!! Ahhhhh, bliss!!!! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete