Friday, August 20, 2010

23 weeks and counting

Well I didn't realise it had been so long since my last post! Oops! I suppose I'm at a stage where here isn't a lot going on in regards to pregnancy,....not even in life really! Just plodding along I suppose!!

Little man is being so super active at the moment! I absolutely love it! He's just bounding around in there! It's very very visible from the outside now as well which is awesome! I'll quite often just lay on the couch or in bed with my top uncovering my tummy just watch or reading and watching! hehe Makes me laugh! I'm not sure when this kid sleeps at the moment! But i'm not complaining! Its the most amazing feeling and I really will miss it! Most kicks seems to come up near the belly button which makes me assume he is laying the right way - but in saying that during the day he still lays pretty low and I feel movement quite low down!

I've been getting what I would assume are Braxton Hicks too - which I've decided I've been getting for quite some time because sometimes my uterus is rock solid! It only lasts a few seconds but it can be quite uncomfy! Otherwise I'm just tired still... that hasn't seemed to go away (but it' still 10 X better than in the first trimester! that takes fatigue to a whole new level!) and the vivid dreams seems to be back! I'm putting it down to the fact that at the moment bubby is going through a growth/fat spurt so of course hormones are pumping round like crazy!!

OB appointment the Tuesday just gone, everything fine. Wondering if I should book in for another scan before I see him next. Peter is desperate to get another one but I'm thinking I want to hold off until 27/28 weeks as then bubby will have some fat on his little cheeks!! Blood pressure is fine! No idea about weight but I'm not particularly worried, there doens't seem to be extra fat on my tummy - it's popping but its hard as a rock so not worried about that! Though I've finally worked out that Im not so much worried about the weight gain - I can lose that but it's gaining it too fast which causes stretch marks! I'm scared of those damn stretchies! Especially coz you can't stop them!! So I can prevent them as much as possible by gaining weight at a reduced pace and not tearing the tissue! I also oil and moisturise my belly, boobs and thighs religiously!!! haha

Anyway.... not much else to report for now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment