Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Who's a clever boy then?!?

Ob check up this morning (just routine) but I feel as we get closer to the due date the more informative these appointments are going to be! So things to come out of todays appointment:


*ALL my results came back clear - so GTT, Infections, Vitamin D, Iron etc. all perfect - YAY!! I Was worried about the GTT but so glad it's all good (I think we talk ourselves into these things)!


*Blood pressure still good...think he said 120/70? Possibly! So at least that is still a positive!


*Little man is so clever and is definitely head down in my pelvis (not engaged but still facing the right way) with his back going up to the left hand side. Which I thought I could feel his back there and but all confused as he must be like both his mum and dad with long limbs as I seriously feel kicks and punches way around to the right so he must stretch out a bit!! BUT I was soo worried about him being breech or transverse that to hear the clever little guy is definitely headed in the right direction is a big relief! I know things can change but at least for now he is being clever!!


*The chances of me having this baby on Christmas day are slim! Dr John informed me that they don't induce on weekends (which Christmas falls on a Saturday) and they will most likely not induce me Christmas Eve either and said if I need to be induced it'll most likely be a couple of days before christmas! SO I'm more than happy with this news! I really did not want to be spending Christmas day in the hospital and wanted to be able to spend christmas with our little man at home with family!!


Heard his heartbeat and still beating away nicely! It's amazing how connected I feel to this little man! He'll be annoying with his hiccups (which are constant) or by putting an enormous amount of pressure on my bladder but then he'll move or kick and it'll just make me smile and remember that he is amazing!!!


I started taking Raspberry Leaf tablets last week but am pretty convinced I had some kind of allergic reaction to them - my skin got itchy and I developed a small but irritating rash on my lower back. Also had some shortness of breath - kind of felt like asthma which I haven't had to deal with for years! So I stopped taking them (last day was Thursday) and everything seems to have disappeared! So there goes that idea!


Everything is unintentionally super organised as home! Nursery is virtually finished - bought blinds to go up and just need change mat and nappy stacker which I'm waiting til after my baby shower to get. I've about 2 loads of clothes left to wash which I will finish tomorrow so then I can put all his clothes away! I'll have nothing left to do by the time I finish work which is in 2.5 weeks or 11 working days (including today!!!) hehe WOOP WOOP!!

So all good news at the moment!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment